On 2011-09-13, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
> On 09/13/2011 12:57 PM, Michael Reich wrote:
>> On 9/12/11 users+h...@global.libreoffice.org wrote:
>>>  Topics (messages 11013 through 11042):
>>>
>>>  [libreoffice-users] Re: Should LibreOffice even support Microsoft
>>>  secret formats?
>>>       11013 - Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>
[...]
>>>  [libreoffice-users] Help w Spreadsheet function?
>>>       11014 - JeepNut <jeep...@zoho.com>
>>>
>>>  [libreoffice-users] Re: Should LibreOffice even support Microsoft
>>>  secret formats?
>>>       11016 - Spencer Graves <spencer.gra...@prodsyse.com>
>>>
>>>  [libreoffice-users] Re: Should LibreOffice even support Microsoft
>>>  secret formats?
>>>       11017 - Spencer Graves <spencer.gra...@prodsyse.com>
[...]
>> Now this digest has grouped some messages on a topic together, yet
>> others with the same subject are not grouped.  Is the problem the
>> way users are posting messages?   It seems like a small thing, but
>> it's driving me nuts.

Maybe something is wrong with the headers, or the digest only groups
directly related messages together (maybe B is only grouped with A if it
is a reply to A).

> Email list usually are not thread based, unless your client combines
> emails with the same subject into thread-like groupings.  I think
> Nabble does some threading though, but I do not use Nabble often.

E-mails *are* usually threaded, apart from messages sent with a couple
bad clients.

Even if you've never seen a client threading e-mails, these e-mails
still have the threading information in the headers.

Don't confuse this with subject-based grouping of messages.

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg