Hi All

I have a couple of problems I need to solve urgently!!

I have two computers here -

1) Running Mint 10 KDE and Open Office 3.2.1
2) Running Mint 9 KDE and Libre-Office 3.3.2.2

I have developed and am running a Membership Database on a daily basis on machine 1and it works perfectly!! I would like to create a Spreadsheet that links to the Database. The DB is "Registered" on the system but if I do a 'Insert>Link to external data', then browse to and select the Database file - nothing happens and the 'link box' remains empty. If I do a 'View>Data Sources' the whole Open-Office Suite just "crashes' totally!! (I use Calc on a regular basis also and it works fine).

On my second machine I have a separate copy of the Database file from machine 1 which is also "Registered" on that machine. If I try to run the database - 'LO Base>Open existing file>Select file>Open' The Base window opens and shows all my Tables, forms etc. But when I select any of these I get the following error...

"Connection to 'My DB' couldn't be established.
GENERAL ERROR: org.hsqldb.lib.FileSystem RunTime Error:
Java.IO Exception: /home/tinderbox/ooobuild/build/libre-3.3.2.2/package/source/xstor/xstorage.cxx: :3323;"

Also if I try to run my Database on this machine I get the exact same error. I can select it and the Base window comes up showing all my tables, forms etc but if I select anything the error comes up. This is very distressing as it means I can not move to Libre-Office if I can't run my Database which works fine in OO!!!

Any thoughts or suggestions on these problems??

Thanks in advance

Ian Whitfield.