Hi :)
Sounds painful!  Please could we have a few more details?

1.  When does the error message appear?  Does it appear when the machine
boots-up (switches on) or when you try to open a file/document using
LibreOffice?

2.  Can you still use other programs on that machine, such as opening the
web-browser or playing a simple game or viewing photos?

3.  What did you re-install?  Was it LibreOffice?  Did you get the download here
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/
(There are other legitimate places to get it from but so far i have only used 2)
If you did get it from there did you change the first drop-down to Mac OS X ppc
or intel?

4.  When you deleted the preferences did you do that from a file-browser to
navigate to the
/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice/
folder to delete the "3" folder (or the whole "libreoffice" folder either
should do the trick.

5.  Have you tried opening a different document, other than the one that went
wrong?
6.  Have you tried opening one of the other LibreOffice apps from the Mac menus
rather than opening by clicking on a document?