Hi :)
Ahh, i am not sure.  Tbh i was hoping that there might be something immediately
obvious and easy to fix or that it would stuggle to open and fixing that would
fix the problem.

LibreOffice 3.4.x branch tends to be better at opening docX than the 3.3.x
branch but really the MS Office implementation of docX is sufficiently
off-standards that other programs often have trouble with it.

In MS Office you can usually save as Odt (the older 1.1 format) and that should
open fine in LibreOffice.  The older Doc (without the X) format tends to be
more widely compatible with more programs at the moment tho.

Looking at
http://www.mobisystems.com/android_office/
it seems that Android's Office can't handle Odt yet but that seems very
unlikely.  I think try saving as an Odt in Word and then try opening on the
Android.

So, i think i would test the odt on Android but then stick to using Doc for the
next few months.