As said in my original post, none of the controls work (under any operating
system [Linux, OSX, Win7] & I also tried different versions of LibreOffice
with no luck). In other words, the options 'start media', 'end media' etc.
and adjusting timing have no effect. They work ok for simple jpegs and other
pics, but have no effect on movies.