On 11/10/2011 07:04 PM, Tom [via Document Foundation Mail Archive] wrote:
> Hi :)
> Do the lists have bullet points or are they numbered?  I have a
> feeling that LibreOffice is trying to use the number at the front of
> items as the number in a number list.  Selecting the whole list and
> choosing to make it a bullet-pointed list might solve the problem.
> Regards from
> Tom :)

> See how NAML generates this email
> <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.InstantMailNamespace&breadcrumbs=instant+emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Thank you for your comment. I happen to be working with recipes and
often cut and paste from the Internet. The lists come out in text format
just like anything else I type by way of annotation. If I manipulate the
list in any way it turns into list format (whatever that may be) and the
line spacing changes and any numbers at the beginning of a line go to
bold. These problems do not occur in Word so I conclude that this is an
idiosyncrasy of Libre.