Hi Thomas,

2011/11/18 Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> Good evening from Japan
> Recently I have tried a "demo version" of the German (commercial) spell
> checker "Duden Rechtschreibpruefung".
> Now the trial period is over, I deinstalled the above software, and
> think I manually also deleted all relevant folders,
> yet, the original spell checker is "dead".

What folders? ;)
Usually, removing 'Duden Korrektor' via Extension Manager would be enough.

> Means: although the German dictionary is installed AND the language for
> the text set to German,
> ALL I ever get back from the spell checker - even if I intentionally
> introduce obvious mistakes -
> "spell check is complete".
>
> Windows XP, LibreOffice 3.3.3 (build 301)
>
> Is there a trick to reactivate something that did work fine before?
> Thank you in advance
> Thomas

Please check Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids >
Available language modules > Edit... > German (Germany):
- all checkmarks set?
- visible ABC-symbol previous to 'German (Germany)?

mjk

--
Media Used For Presentations At The LibreOffice Conference 2011
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/SpecialEvents/LibreOffice_Conference_2011_Paris#Media_Used_For_Presentations_At_The_LibreOffice_Conference_2011