Use "default program" in Windows to set LibreOffice as the default application
for those files

from twohot@device.mobile :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Lozier <jsloz...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 01:17:51
To: <users@global.libreoffice.org>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Quick Question

On 12/18/2011 09:49 PM, Marquita Stewart wrote:
> Good Evening
>
> I have a question about the LibreOffice Software that I downloaded. I am
> unable to open the files that I save. I once had a free trail of Microsoft
> Office and I was unable to afford the full version once my trail was up. I
> downloaded LibreOffice and now when I open the files, It open with Microsoft
> Office and I am open able to view but not edit in anyway, since I don't own
> the full version. Can you tell me why it will only open my documents in
> Microsoft Office? Can you also let me know how I can fix this.I tried saving
> the document in different way, but nothing work. I don't want to take
> Microsoft off my computer due to the fact that I will not be able to open any
> Microsoft files and I have several saved on my computer that I need.
>
> Any help you can provide to me would be wonderful! Thanks in advance for your
> assistance in this matter.
Are resaving using the MS format? If so, try saving using the LO
standard format while working on them and only saving a MS version when
done.

Sometimes Windows will not allowing editing until you use Save As to
save the file with a new name or different format. I have seen this
behavior sometimes with other applications.

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com