> I'm far from an expert. But, once something is selected in the tools,
> options........., that becomes the default for all new spreadsheets. It
> isn't something that you need to do every time you open a new sheet. I
> do settlement sheets. To have the right numbers, I need precision as
> shown. When I install LibreOffice, I always change calc for precision as
> shown. All new sheets are done that way unless I would go back and
> uncheck it. That is my definition of Global.
>
> Don

Hi,

We don't have the same définition of global.

You're right when you says "that becomes the default for all new
spreadsheets", when you create a new spreadsheet you need to define the
settings.
But other speadsheet (already save as) are not affected by this change.
That's why i wrote it is not global.

Gérard