This is interesting.  I got an attachment from a friend who complained
that her .docx file is no longer legible when opened with the native
Word-processing Application (MS-Word). It opens al-right but its just
gibberish.  I assumed this is the work of a virus but I wanted to see it
anyway (I run LibreOffice on Linux OS ... "Security Maximus" :) ).

Its as she said but the characters look somewhat preserved in their new
character mapping and the images are still there.  So I'm suspecting the
end result is a document with a different character encoding (e.g.
UTF-8, but what I have here is definitely not UTF-8). She probably
didn't realise her machine is using a character encoding that is not in
general usage.

So the Question is:
How do I change a .docx file from one Character Encoding to Another?  Is
this possible with LibreOffice?

Regards
Onyeibo