Tom,

Thanks for your & others' responses to my problem. However, I've decided I need
to know more than I want to know about using LO3, esp. this conversion
situation. I like LibreO not only because it's free, but offers the basics,
which is all I need. I want an effortless conversion. The only choices for me
at this point are Google Docs & Microsoft Office for the Mac ($150). Google
does the job, but so far I can't (don't know how, really)  preserve the folder
structure I have in my current Mac Documents folder. I just may have to spring
the $150 & get on w/ it. LO3 is a good app. If I were starting out from
scratch, it would be my app of choice.

David