Hello,

On 13/01/12 22:42, NoOp wrote:
On 01/13/2012 02:31 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :) That might be very interesting to the devs and now would be
excellent timing to let them know you have some files from that era.
  Regards from Tom :)

They've contributed quite a lot of work:
<http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/the-ultimate-quest-of-bringing-visio-support-to-libreoffice>
and at this point introducing:

/Samples/Network Diagram$ file "Basic Wide Area Network Diagram.VSD"
Basic Wide Area Network Diagram.VSD: CDF V2 Document, Little Endian, Os:
Windows, Version 4.0, Code page: 1252, Author: Copyright \022 1997 Visio
Corporation.  All rights reserved., Keywords: v5.0, Title: Basic Wide
Area Network Diagram

into the picture probably wouldn't be appreciated. I think it better to
let them get the current code settled before asking for support of 15
year old Visio Technical v5.0 code/diagram-format.

I would not mind to try to support Visio 5.0 file-format. Nevertheless a collection of documents is not enough for us to understand how the file-format is working.

You know that there is no documentation whatsoever for the binary file-formats, so what we need is an application that is generating those documents so that we can experiment with it.

So, the deal is: Get to me a pre-Microsoft Visio that generates version 5 diagrams natively and I will do my best to add that file-format to libvisio.

For the time being, though, only MS Visio 2000 and later is supported.

Cheers

Fridrich