On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, Jay Lozier wrote:

On 01/29/2012 03:50 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:25:34 -0500
webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmas...@krackedpress.com>
wrote:

Hello webmaster,

The ignore double spaces is an option that needs to be looked.  To be
honest, I do not know what it does when it is checked.  I use double
Stops the occurrence of two or more spaces as word gaps.  I don't use
it  because it also means you can't have two spaces after a full stop.

I'm old school, I know....

I read somewhere the two space rule between sentences is because a
typewriter could not properly space between sentences. I believe the
typographically correct spacing was something like 1.25 spaces between
sentences.

I found a nice quotation on this topic: http://audilab.bme.mcgill.ca/~funnell/InforMed/Bacon/WP/space.html Short version: use a single space after a sentence.

- Robert