From: Joep L. Blom <jlb...@neuroweave.nl>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Opening thunderbird adressbook
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Cc: "NoOp" <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sunday, 29 January, 2012, 22:43

On 29-01-12 21:01, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/29/2012 06:41 AM, Alex Thurgood wrote:
>> Le 29/01/2012 01:24, Joep L. Blom a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>>> OS Xubuntu 10.04; LO 3.4.5 directly installed from the LO website as
>>> Ubuntu 10.04 still has 3.3.2.
>>
>> Known issue with the 3.4.x series, especially on Ubuntu.
>>

>>> Hopefully somebody has succeeded in accessing the Thunderbird address
>>> book or is this solved in 3.5?
>>
>> Well it is supposed to be fixed in the future 3.5, at least in RC2 the
>> addressbook wizard works again, on all platforms as far as I can tell,
>> BUT, the mozab (mozilla address book support) doesn't seem to be able to
>> be built on Ubuntu at the moment, which means that unless the Ubuntu
>> people sort it out, the distrib versions still won't work with the TB
>> addressbook.
>
> The wizard still doesn't work on
> LibreOffice 3.5.0rc2
> Build ID: e371a95-bf68a13-5a1aa2b-d3c1ae9-b938258
> .deb from LO. It's nothing to do with the distrib - but this is running
> on Ubuntu 10.10.
>
> However, opening Base&  selecting connect to existing database does show
> (for me) 'SeaMonkey Address Book' and 'Thunderbird/IceDove Address Book'
> - those do work - partially[1].
>    However, Edit|Database|Properties is greyed out on SeaMonkey, I can
> only select 'Connection type'. On Thunderbird I can select the profile.
>
> [1] I ran a test by adding test addressbooks on Thundrbird and SeaMonkey
> (both are Mozilla versions, not distro related) in additionto the
> regular exising address books:
>
> In SeaMonkey: TestingSeaMonkey w/1 address
> In Thunderbird: ThunderbirdTest w/1 address
>
> I then opened 3.5RC2&  opened Base|Connect to existing
> database|Thunderbird/IceDove Address Book|Finish|Yes Register|Open for
> editing| Base opens the SeaMonkey address book (SeaMonkey version 2.7b5)
> instead of the Thunderbird (version 9.0.1) address book. I can tell this
> because it included the 'TestingSeaMonkey' address book in the tables.
> If I repeat the above opening the SeaMonkey address book, Base opens the
> correct address book (the SeaMonkey one which includes 'TestingSeaMonkey'.
>
> So something is still screwed up. Profiles/address books for both are
> exactly where they should be:
> Thunderbird: ~/.thunderbird/<profile>/
> SeaMonkey: ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/<profile>/

Alex and Gerry,
Thanks for clarifying the issue.
I will wait for the official 3.5 release and than try again. At the
moment I'm too busy to delve further in this problem but I need it
urgently in March as I have to do a mailing. If it's not solved, I will
import the Address Book in a spreadsheet after exporting it as a .csv file.
Thanks again for the clarification and the testing (Gerry).
Joep