Am 09.02.2012 20:14, Alex Thurgood wrote:
Le 09/02/2012 19:03, Fernand Vanrie a écrit :

Hi Fernand,

I did a bit more testing, now i can store en review a image in a
database, using a Form and a image control, but there is still the
problem that there is nothing like a "imagefield" to recall and show the
stored image date when running a "merge" operation.

AFAIK, the only way to do this is to use a macro to read the binary
stream of the image, and then find some way of converting it to
something that can be inserted into a document and displayed...

I remember Frank Schoenheit mentioning that this was problematic indeed
even with OOo.

Alex

I use to store pictures as references to files in the same directory as the odb document. This way all you need to store in a VARCHAR field is the file names of the pictures. In a form you can bind a picture control to the text field and you will not encounter the usual performance problems.

When you import the text field content into a serial letter, all you need is a macro to replace the text field with a picture object linked to the external file (anchor as character, fixed size,...).