On 28/02/12 15:40, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:17:35 +0100
Torquil Macdonald Sørensen<torq...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Hello Torquil,

I don't seem to have that menu item. Thanks anyway! :-)
For clarification, I'm talking about a table in a Libreoffice Writer
document.

Ah, I didn't realise.  Yes, my, and Andreas' solutions are for Calc.

I hope my problem is not the same as this:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19668

That one seems to be unsolvable without having access to MS Word:

"As of this moment the bug still exists in OO 3.1.1 for Windows, I haven't checked my Linux or Mac systems yet. OO Writer honours the protection status of a document but doesn't have any way of changing it. If a document has been locked in MS Word there is no way to unlock it without passing it through a copy of Word."

My document was originally a *.doc, probably created in MS Word. When I saved my first modified version, I let Libreoffice save it as an ODT-file.

Best regards,
Torquil Sørensen