Andreas Säger <villeroy <at> t-online.de> writes:

> A couple of lines of actual data copied from a text editor tell more than
> thousand words.

I don't really have any lines to show -- do you want screenshots or something?
I am hoping to develop a macro that opens files a certain way.  There isn't
anything to show in a document.

> > P.S. -- I don't really want to get good at macro writing, so I am hoping for
> > the very quickest quick hack, rather than the 500 page introduction to LO
> > Basic.  No judgements implied, just expediency.

> So you need someone who does the entire work for you which is impossible
> without seeing any data.

You make me sound so lazy! (One of the three basic virtues of a programmer... ;)
) Again, I don't know what data you might want to see.

I will do my best to hack a macro together and then post it and ask questions
around that -- specificity is always easier.

> I use to suggest a configured solution rather than a programmed one.  Collect
> all your similar csv in one dedicated directory.

<SNIP>

This is a geat idea, but because of workflow here it won't work, though there
might be tidbits that help show the way to the macro I will write.  I really
want a button to open text files in arbitrary places in the file system put
there by other people.  Plus I think it would be generally useful.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, though!