El 08/03/12 16:34, mleikvol escribió:
Background:
Im doing a state machine simulation with libreoffice where I would like to
reference the row above the with a label, to get to the previous state (row
above). Now I have to do that with cell reference.
Please dont suggest to use functions like offset. The number of label
references in each cell can be large, and doing a offset lookup on every
access would end up extremely dirty.
This enhancement would save me many hours of manual lookup work.

Current limitation:
The current (->3.5.0) label range limits you to have a lookup to the same
row (or col I guess) as the referencing cell.

Action:
I suggest to remove current "for data range" and replace it with these two
parameters
-Label valid range
-start offset cell

Example:
Defined label range: column labels="$A$1:$A$2", for data range="$A$2:$B$3"
A1="Arow",B1="Brow"
A2="a2",B2="b2"
A3="a3",B3="b3"

C2="=Arow" will always resolve to "a2"
C3="=Brow" will always resolve to "b3"

Goal:
Defined label range: column labels="$A$1:$A$2", label valid
range="$A$2:$B$3", start offset="$A$1"

C2="=Arow" will resolve to "a1"
C3="=Brow" will resolve to "b2"

Challenge:
Can this be done without loosing backward compatibilty for the sheets not
using the new feature?

PS:I'm willing to conditionally donate if this gets implemented :)

Introduce:
A2:  1
A3:  2
A4:  3