On 03/11/2012 05:44 PM, bernie12 wrote:
Whenever I begin a new Writer document (actually, when I start typing text in
a blank document for the first time) I get a message asking stating JRE is
required to perform this task. I didn't see this behavior in OOo.

I click "No" and there don't seem to be any further issues, but it's
disruptive and doesn't seem to be a known bug. Any ideas for what's going on
here? I'm on OS X using LibreOffice 3.5, but I remember this happening in
LibreOffice 3.3.x as well.

Any ideas here? Thanks!

You need to install Java Runtime Environment.
You can download it at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u3-download-1501631.html

OpenOffice doesn't have this issue because it is included in installation files.