Hi :)
Did the list manage to solve this problem?  Has a bug-report been filed?  Is it
a long running and well known issue?

--- On Thu, 5/4/12, Malcolm Moore <st-malcolm.mo...@whsg.info> wrote:

From: Malcolm Moore <st-malcolm.mo...@whsg.info>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Printer Dialogs
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Thursday, 5 April, 2012, 14:59

I wonder if I could revisit this issue again.

I have been experimenting a bit more and
LibreOffice doesn't show all the options
the printer has available.

For example:- ( With LO 3.5.n and openSuse 12.1)
In the system printer dialog my Ricoh MPC 5000
has 4 trays and a bypass. In LO it only show the 4 trays

Also it has paper types of Thick, Thick2 and Thick3 for
different weights of paper. The LO dialog only has Thick
which is a bit of a problem as some types of iron on
paper we use has to go through the printer at Thick 2 or
Thick 3

If I use something like Gimp or Chrome and print a page it shows all
the options ( 21 types of paper and 5 trays  ) LO only shows
13 types of paper and 4 trays.

Where is LO getting it's information from and why is it wrong
on some printers? ( our old HP 4250's are correct but they are
pretty simple souls at the best of times ) Also, is there some
way to tell LO to get it's information from the system?

Many thanks

Mal