On 26.04.2012 21:17, Andreas Säger wrote:

As a big user of right-click>New>(File type) you should know where Windows
stores the templates for this context menus. You can drop anything in that
place. I don't know the location since I do not use Windows. All I know is
that these templates exist independently from any templates you store in
your user profile (Windows does not support true file system links). So when
you define a default template for the LibOmenu:File>New action, this will
not affect the Windows>Right-Click

I said I am a user. If I had the know-how to fix this myself, I obviously would have done so, don't you think?

(If this is the condescending attitude I have to expect here all the time, please let me know now so I can run for the hills.)

Anyway. I did try to follow the trail of registry entries as best I could, but found nothing that screamed "this is broken, change it!". There seem to not necessarily be physical files for templates anymore as there were back in the olden days; as a specific example the OOo/OpenDocument entries call soffice -n %1 in the LO install location. I have entries for the templates that don't show up in my right-click menu. They *seem *fine, but obviously that can't be the case.