Sorry, I didn't mean to be unclear. There are several ways I could get
the result of the perl script: an array of strings, a single string I
would parse, or writing it to a file as you suggest. That part doesn't
matter.

All I need to know is whether I can call the perl script from within
LO, using LO basic. My understanding of UNO is that it's a way for
other programs to control LO, but I need the other way around. Is
there more to UNO than I realize?

If running a perl script isn't possible, there are perl modules that
can write to a Calc file, so I could go that route. But it would be
simpler to just use that one little perl script and then do the rest
in LO.

Thanks for your help!

--
~~~~~