I'm living Downunder so I haven't  had a response to a query I put to the
Zotero forums about a problem I was having with trying to insert citations
into a LO 3.5.3 document -- Z would "freeze" -- problem occurred with both
standalone and Ff versions of Z -- managed to resolve problem but not in a
way I would recommend if some other way could be found

as stated I had LO 3.5.3 installed, using Ff 12, and latest versions of Z
and LO/OO wp integration with JRE 7 -- error messages would pop up from Z
suggesting some problem with Java -- so uninstalled LO, uninstalled JRE and
went back to using LO 3.4.6 and JRE 1.6 -- works sweetly, but now of course
I don't have latest version of LO

any suggestions?

Rusty