Good day all,

I'm trying to query a MySQL Database (Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.22 for
debian-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 6.2) for purposes of generating a
report in OpenOffice Base (3.5.3.2 Build ID 350m1 (Build:2)).

I am connecting via ODBC, and my /etc/odbc.ini looks like this:

[DESP]
Driver = /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so
Description = MyODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
SERVER = localhost
PORT =
USER = root
Password = XXXXX
Database = DigitalEditionsSolution
OPTION = 3
SOCKET =

My query has one parameter, and it ends up giving me an error unrelated to
the syntax:

SELECT dfw.fk_desp_id, dfw.fk_dfws_id, dfw.Features_f_id, desp.name AS
DESP_Name, f.name AS FeatureName, dfws.name As ResponseState
FROM
DESP_Feature_Weak_State dfws RIGHT OUTER JOIN
(DigitalEditionsSolutionProvider desp INNER JOIN (Features f INNER JOIN
DESP_Features_Weak dfw ON f.f_id = dfw.Features_f_id) ON desp.desp_id =
dfw.fk_desp_id) ON dfws.dfws_id = dfw.fk_dfws_id
WHERE desp.desp_id=:despnum AND
(f.name="auto-linking-of-email-addresses:yes" OR
f.name="auto-linking-of-urls:yes" OR f.name="newsstandsupport:yes")
ORDER BY fk_desp_id;

When I run the above query, and enter my named parameter, it returns with
three errors:
- The data content could not be loaded
- SQL Status: 07009

   Invalid descriptor index

- You tried to set a parameter at position '1' but there is/are only '0'
parameter(s) allowed. One reason may be that the property
"ParameterNameSubstitution" is not set to TRUE in the data source.

I found a thread on google concerning this same error in which someone said
checking off all of the Edit->Database->Advanced Settings options would
cause it to work, but I tried that, and even restarted Base, with out any
success, leading to the same error.

Thank you,
   Andrew J. Leer