From: Thomas Blasejewicz <tho...@s7.dion.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: last edit position
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Tuesday, 19 June, 2012, 8:11

Good afternoon
(2012/06/19 13:15), Pedro wrote:
> Thomas Blasejewicz wrote
>> Good evening
>> I would ***LOVE*** to have a CONVENIENT function for jumping to the last
>> edit position.
>>
>> I believe this and/or similar questions have been asked before:
>> http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/1144/cursor-position-not-saved-in-writer#1147
>>
>> But this does not work.
>> I do have my personal data entered under Tools and yet the software
>> ALWAYS opens the document at the top.
>>
> I use that feature daily and I can assure you it DOES work with ANY
> LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) version under Windows XP x86.
>
> In fact you can test this easily: go to the User Data and just fill the
> First and Last names (make sure all other fields are blank) with First and
> Last, then open this document
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr74qmarxmktx5y/cursor_position.odt
> It should open in page 8, line 115

Yes, I am aware that this "SHOULD" work ... but it doesn't.
For reasons I do not understand.
That is why I am asking.

Your document too opens on page 1, line 1.

"Sometimes" if I create a new document and LibreOffice "feels like
working today", this function actually DOES work,
but .. as I said, not consistently.
And that is to my taste very annoying.

Is there anything else I could try?