Hi, everyone. So much to learn from you all.

Several bullets of responses:

1. Mark Phillips: SurveyMonkey's free plan only offers 10 questions. Our
questionnaire has 70-plus questions. All other SurveyMonkey plans need
monthly payment.
2. Miroslaw: We looked at LimeSurvey, but it looks too complex for me to
use. I'm a simple person. Using their online demo survey, I tried their
save feauture, but it looks broken.
3. To all: Using proprietary formats isn't a concern for us.
4. Chad Neeper: We started creating our questionnaire using Google Docs'
Forms, but for some reason we decided not to use it. All I told someone was
that it wasn't a good option. I don't remember why i said or thought that.
Maybe I'll look into Google Forms again. It's easy to create a form with
Google Forms.
5. Andreas Säger: Thanks for advising me against using Xforms. I read the
links you  sent, and what I carried away is that using XForms is a bad
idea. Xforms is a dead technology.

I guess this means I will not be using LibreOffice to create my online form