Tom,
    Thanks for the response.
    I'm running Fedora 16 x86_64 on a Dell M4400 with all the latest and
    greatest.

    No, the funky behavior does not happen with Writer or FireFox
    (however, I run Chrome normally). And no, not with other apps - I
    frequently have multiple instances of gedit and they play nice.

    If we had a tabbed display, the problem wouldn't be a problem.

        L.W.(Les) Dunaway
        Dunaway Group, LLC
        678-253-7244
        The purpose of life is a life of
          purpose.
        Robert Byrne,
            American Author

    On 06/22/2012 12:09 PM, Tom [via Document Foundation Mail Archive]