On 6/28/12 3:38 AM, Dan wrote:
Ken Springer wrote:
On 6/27/12 7:57 PM, Dan wrote:
Ken Springer wrote:
On 6/27/12 5:48 PM, Dan wrote:
Ken Springer wrote:
Is there a more detailed set of examples of using the functions
anywhere?  The Help Files have a general outline of each, but only
very generic examples of how to use them.

I need to nest some of the functions, if that's possible.

         Have you downloaded the Calc Guide. These things should be
in one
of the chapters or appendices.

Hi, Dan.

I haven't checked the Calc Guide, but if it's similar to the Writer
Guide, it won't go to the depth I'm interested in.  :-(
        But you won't know until you look will you? Guessing the content
based upon another guide might be a mistake.

Didn't mean that to sound like I wasn't going to check it out. Call it
getting old and finding my expectations of useability of vendor
supplied publications over the years to be lacking what I want to
know.   :-)
       Then perhaps I have been pointing out a possible error in your
attitude. At age 70, my computer has user guides for Calc, Draw,
Impress, and Writer. If I run into a problem, I go to one of them for
the answer. So, what does age have to do with it? Before I made my
second reply, I looked at the table of contents for the Calc Guide. I
notice that Appendix B has 40 pages (8.5x11) on Calc functions.

Lots of info on the functions and what they do, very little on how to use them with practical examples.

       If I want to nest functions, I can click a cell and then click the
function wizard. It will help me put them in the proper order. (You did
not mention if you used this or not. Nor do I know if this works on the
number of nesting that you want.)

So far, I've not been able to get the Function Wizard to give me what I want. :-(

And I've not been able to come up with a competent explanation of what I'm trying to accomplish. :)

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 13.0.1