2012/7/22 Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>:
> At 17:35 21/07/2012 -0700, Kuuga Noname wrote:
>>
>> I want to, in the weapon and armor tables, be able to populate the whole
>> row with relevant data simply by selecting an item in the Name columns. For
>> example, if I enter Broadsword in the weapon name column I want it to
>> automatically fill the rest of the row with its damage, size, reach and so
>> on.
>

> This can be done fairly easily with the VLOOKUP() function.  In your
> example, I gave the name "Weapons" to the array of weapons values on the
> "Weapon list" sheet.  Then in cell C3 of the weapons table on the Equipment
> sheet (the first row of the Damage column), I entered
> =VLOOKUP($A3;Weapons;COLUMN()-1;0)

Thanks for the information (I'm not the OP, but thankful anyway…); I
didn't know that you can use COLUMN() that way. I thought there always
needs to be a parameter inside the parentheses. Now knowing that's not
needed, it will make things somewhat easier for me from now on…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ