2012/8/8 teknow <teknowledg...@gmail.com>:
> I have a list of measured times in [H]:MM:SS format and I would like to sum
> them.  If I put in a formula:
>
> = B2+B3+B4+B5
>
> it works, but if I try:
>
> =Sum(B2:B5)
>
> I get "00:00:00" as a result.  What am I missing?

Exactly how did you enter those time values in the first place?
What happens if you, in C2, enter ”=B2” and then format C2 as a number
with a lot of decimals?

Time works just like date in a spreadsheet. Date is a number of days
since 1899-12-30 (unless you set it to something else in Options)
while time is a number ≥0, <1. The value is then formatted to a ”human
readable time format”, but the cell still contains a number.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ