On 2012-08-25 1:06 PM Tinkerer wrote:
Trying to find my User folder, I find that the whole of the Mac User Library
is missing.

The User/Library is hidden in OS X version 10.7.xx (Lion). The user/library can be accessed in finder by holding down the option key an clicking on Go on the menubar. Then select the user library. This is one of nineteen ways to see the user library. See: http://www.macworld.com/article/1161156/view_library_folder_in_lion.html

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese