________________________________
 From: Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
To: "users@global.libreoffice.org" <users@global.libreoffice.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] file name suggestion

Paolo Debortoli wrote:
> in a message on facebook, somebody suggested that writer when first saving a
> document should copy a feature of m$ word:  compose automatically the
> document name  using the first vtwo words of the document itself, instead of
> naming it something like 'document without name'.  it would be comfortable if
> you have to save multiple documents in one directory....
     Questions: How do you determine what a document's content is by looking at
the first two words? Why would people save a file without giving it a name that
makes sense to the author? What would happen if more than one text document has
the same beginning two words? No, I think the best thing is to name each file
when it is first opened by Writer.

--Dan

no...  in case a documents starts like  'the teacher says...'  or  'dear john',
when you save it for the first time you find the words 'the teacher' or 'dear
john'  (or 'the teacher 2' or 'dear john 2' in case the file name would be
already in use) instead of  'document without name'.  then:  if you like it or
are in a hurry, you simply click 'save' without changing the file name,
otherwise you change the file name and then click 'save'.  I sometimes think of
it when I write quick notes or letters...  nobody would make file names
obligatory, obvious.