-------- Original Message  --------
From: Jay Lozier <jsloz...@gmail.com>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 11:32:43 -0400

> On 09/30/2012 07:46 AM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>> Good evening
>> I am struggling to make a certain CAT tool (memoQ) work with very
>> complex (crazy) Word files.
>> Since that did not work, I tried to save a file as ODF file and use that.
>> Apart from the trouble I have otherwise ...
>>
>> When I click in Internet Explorer on that particular file to copy / move
>> / delete etc. it ...
>> Explorer hangs (crashes) and tells me, it is not responding.
>> This happens even if I restart the computer and NO OTHER software except
>> IE is running.
>> And this happens ONLY with this particular LO file.
>> It is not a "read only" file.
>> LO officed files stored in their specific folder do not cause problems.
>>
>> The above file ... when I want to delete it, the only way to accomplish
>> that is to open LO Writer,
>> click file open -> select that file and then hit "Del".
>> File location (desktop, any drive, any folder) has no influence on this
>> behavior.
>>
>> Has anybody any idea what this strange behavior may be due to?
>> Can possibly offer a solution?
>>
>> Thank you.
>> Thomas
>>
> Thomas
>
> I think you mean Windows Explorer, the MS file manager. Are getting any
> specific error message? When you open the file with LO can you save it
> to another location?
>
> I am not sure what is causing the problem. Hopefully someone more
> knowledgeable about Windows quirks can advise.

If as Jay suggests you mean Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer and
you have version 3.6.1 installed, you are encountering a known bug in
LO's Windows shell extension shlxthdl.dll or shlxthdl_x64.dll. The issue
has been resolved in version 3.6.2.x

Some possible options are:
o Run the installer in repair mode and untick/uncheck the shell
extension option.
o Revert to the 3.5.x series.
o Install 3.6.2 RC2 (Not recommended for production use, but I have been
hammering fairly hard and not discovered any show stoppers. Yet!)

Dave