Hi all,

Brian Barker wrote (07-10-12 16:01)
At 11:08 07/10/2012 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

The problem I encountered was that the paragraph breaks was replaced
with the characters "\t", not the [tab] (tab) character, no matter if
"Regular expressions" were ticked or not. I got the same result when
trying to replace with \x09: The paragraph breaks were replaced with
the characters "\x09", not the [tab] character.

But maybe that's only me, I am not the OP, so feel free to ignore this.

Weirdly that's true: if you search for $ on its own, you can replace the
paragraph breaks with something else.  The problem is then only that
"\t" in the "Replace with" box is interpreted as text instead of a
regular expression.  (Surely that's wrong?)  But you've found the
solution.  (I spotted this part but didn't latch on to its significance.)

AH yes, that was the only thing that I did not write in my original post. Sorry for that.

With "Regular expressions" ticked, first search for $ and replace with a
character or string that does not occur in your document - perhaps a
hash mark?  Then repeat the search (still with "Regular expressions"
ticked), this time searching for # and replacing with \t.

Of course I used this workaround.
But I wondered if I did something wrong, or missed some special trick to replace $ with a <tab> in one run.

Sorry for previous distraction.  I trust this helps.

No problem of course. Thanks to you & all for the replies.

I think this is worth a bug report/request for enhancement.

Cheers,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org