On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:40:28 -0400
David Burleigh <david.burle...@parchmentpress.net> wrote:

> I just spent many hours building a master document which links
> together all the chapters of a book, and everything was going fine
> until somehow, without any conscious action on my part, it embedded
> all the linked documents rather than keeping them as links. Can this
> be undone, that is, restoring the original links?
>
> This embedding action defeats the purpose entirely, as I need the
> ability to independently edit the linked documents. Then when I reopen
> the master document, it normally would display all the updates to the
> linked documents. I use Master Documents all the time in this way, and
> this mysterious embedding action has never happened before.

Hi David,
I'm sorry I can't answer your question.

I noticed that your message is in the middle of the existing thread
"libreoffice-users] Re: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation
announces LibreOffice 3.5.7".  That looks like you hijacked the thread
and changed the subject.  First, that is poor etiquette, second your
are less likely to get a good response since it is buried in an
existing thread and does not stand out as a new thread.  Many of
us have over 100 messages per day and don't bother looking at a
thread that is not of interest to us.  Please, in the future, compose a
new message which will have its own thread.

Thanks, Tom

--
Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years.  People grow old
only by deserting their ideals. - Douglas MacArthur