Hi :)
Have you been able to post a bug-report about this already?  Sounds like people
might have narrowed it down quite a bit (to specific LO version and specific
OS?)  Also tried the standard rename User Profile and a couple other things?
So, time for a bug-report?
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Report