On 26/06/2012, Mark McDougall <ma...@vl.com.au> wrote:

> These were originally fields in the word document. Showing 'field names'
> in LibreOffice doesn't show any names for these 2 fields. I know one of
> them was referencing a cell in a table on the 1st page - something we have
> not been able to replicate in OO in the past. They're obviously fields
> that OO/LO can't deal with. I'm not concerned about being able to
> replicate the field - I'm happy to simply delete the field and hard-code
> the text, but I can't even do that!?!
>
> Any ideas on how to remove these 'read-only' fields?

Solved this by doing the following:

created a temporary, empty directory 'A'
used command 'unzip' to extract the odt file into the new directory 'A'
used text editor to open the extracted file 'settings.xml'
found the element 'ProtectForm' and changed to:

<config:config-item config:name="ProtectForm"
config:type="boolean">false</config:config-item>

saved changes and created new document with command:

zip -r ../newdocument.odt *

(whilst in directory 'A').