Hi :)
Ahh, yes.  I don't know why i assumed you were using Windows.  It's a lot
easier to reboot Windows because you can't open so many programs at the same
time so there is  lot less to keep track of.  Also with Mac i think  updates
and even installing stuff seldom demands a reboot?

With Ubuntu there is some setting that allows you to make the start-up
procedure open up everything that you had open when you shut-down.  There might
be something similar on Mac but i don't know of good places to find out.  There
must be forums or soemthing worth asking.

Apols and regards from
Tom :)