Le 19/12/2012 20:24, Michael Nachtigal a écrit :

Hi Michael,

> I'm trying to create a form that does two (main) things: Lets the user
> select one of two options, and depending on which option is selected,
> certain sections of the form will appear or disappear (be hidden). I
> originally tried to do this with proper form controls, but learned there
> is no way to refer to form field values like variables, is this correct?

This is something I would be interested in too, but haven't got around
to trying. The only way I know of taking a value from e.g. a list or
combobox from a form element and then using that value to display or
hide another part of the document would be via macro.

> So, I resorted to using variables, and now I'm just trying to consult
> the value of an input list variable, but cannot figure out how to do so.
> Could anyone help me with this?

Can't help you there, unless you are using one of the user variable
fields that are accessible in the document's properties.

> Moreoever, in the sections to be displayed conditionally, if I wish to
> include variables, those must be hidden sections or hidden paragraphs,
> but not conditional text, right?

From what I understand to be possible, you can make you section
conditional on the value of a variable, there's a little tick box for
that when you create a new section. However, I've not done it or tried
it, so I'm going on the basis of a recent discussion on the French
mailing list where a similar question was asked.

Alex