Hi :)

That is the way we do our newsletter at work.  I use LO to pull together
articles written by various different people using different programs (sadly
mostly just different versions of MSO).  When we used Word for our newsletter
it took ages to sort out all the strange and different messes that people
made.  With LO it's easy to just paste in as unformatted and then apply
suitable styles to keep all the articles consistent with each other.  That Alt
arrow trick has been a huge help in making this latest one MUCH better but even
before that LO was a huge help in getting a superior output more quickly.
Then my boss prints a copy and marks changes he wants in biro.  I make them and
then print another copy for my other boss to make more changes in biro.  Then
he confers with the 1st boss and then the 1st boss tells me the changes the
other one wanted.

Track changes could possibly be a lot more efficient imo but only if it works
across the LO/MSO divide.  Still it's 3 months until i have to worry about it
again and that typically means huge improvements in LO.