I am using LO 3.6.4 in Mac OS X 10.8.2.

In Base I have a very simple, single table assets database.  In a report, I am
trying to calculate a grand total for all records.

I have a text field for each record in the report which has a calculated amount
for the record (i.e. in Report Detail there is a field called ItemTotalValue
which is bound to a function which has the formula [quantity]*[price]).

The report runs and shows a value for ItemTotalValue for each record correctly.
 What I want to do is get a grand total which in effect accumulates
ItemTotalValue for the whole report.

I have successfully created a field which accumulates the price field (which is
in the table) but, I can't figure out how to accumulate a field that is created
in the report (i.e. it's not in the source table).

I have created a function at the Report level called "Calculate Grand Total
Value" which has the formula [Calculate Grand Total Value]+[ItemTotalValue].  I
then bound a text box in the report footer to "Calculate Grand Total Value".
But the report footer is a blank.  So, "Calculate Grand Total Value" seems to
be empty.  I can't figure out how to get it working.

Garry

P.S.  I can't find any rules for posting to this list.  Can any one advise
where the rules are ?