Den 26.01.2013 22:59, skreiv upscope:
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 08:02:34 PM Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
For some reasons I want to try the upcoming version 4.0. On the web
page, they say ”You are not recommended to use LibreOffice pre-release
builds for "mission-critical" purposes”. So obviously I need a stable
version as well, like the 3.5.7.2 that I have installed right now.

So I presume that I can use both versions at the same time, that they
are ”isolated” from each other as long as 4.0 is a pre-release, right?

But before I'm going to install it, I want to know rather than just assume…

So, is it possible? If so, can I just install the debs (operating
system=Ubuntu 12.04) and it will just work? Will I be able to run both
versions at the same time safely?

Johnny Rosenberg
In the Linux enviroment I have 3.6.3 (openSUSE verssion), 3.6.4 and 4.0-dev
(from libreoffice download page0 all installed and running together at times.
install generated the icons and i Just select the one for the version I want.
Will as long at each version has a different name.

Not sure about the windows versions, I'll leave that to one of the Windows
users.
Russ
No problem in Windows.
As a translator I am running version 3.6.4.3 and version 4.0.0.0.beta2 (together with MS Excel) at the same time without any conflicts.
Kolbjoern