Hi All,

I have a macro setup that can easily do the following:

pasteValue = mid(currentCellValue,1,4)

a string is stored to pasteValue which I then can manipulate how I want.

What I want to do is make it actually more like this:

pasteValue =
date(value(mid(currentCellValue,1,4),value(mid(currentCellValue,5,2),value(mid(currentCellValue,8,2))

I want to do this because the pasteValue as it stands is a text field, I
need it converted to a date field. I can do this just fine by manaully
entering the above code into a cell directly (ie. not in a macro) but when
I enter it in the macro I get:

Sub-procedure or function procedure not defined.

I know I can work out a micky mouse way by adding another column and
referring to the previous pasted data and then doing a special paste of it,
but this seems unnecessary.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Joel