Hi :)
Please can you elaborate a bit on that?  I mean do you change the "depends on
property"?

When fonts or other formatting don't behave after applying a style i usually
try applying a completely different style and then re-apply the formatting i
really want.  That generally seems to fix the problem.  However there must be
something else lurking in there because it doesn't always fix it.

So my 2nd route is to cut and re-paste as unformatted text
Shift Ctrl v
and then apply the various styles to the relevant parts of the pasted text.  It
often takes quite a bit longer.

So, if there is a better way then that would be great to know.