Hi :)
Going to the moon by foot sounds a tad tricksy.  So, sometimes base 12,
sometimes base 20, sometimes base 8 (i think?) and sometimes base (some
horribly high number).  I wonder if adult numeracy rates would improve if they
just stuck with base 10 for everything.  Not sure it worked here tbh

>________________________________

 of the world.

>>> The USA had a movement towards Metric, but it failed big-time.  We are
>>> using more metric in manufacturing, but for use in the home or business,
>>> people grew up learning the "English" system of feet/inches, pounds/ounces,
>>> cup/gallon, instead of all of the
 base-ten metric measurements.

>>> Yes, if we taught our kids from the early ages to use metric along with
>>> what we use now, maybe we can get them to be more use to the metric system
>>> so we can move to it someday as an equal to our current system.  Of course,
>>> business use letter size paper, letter size storage, letter size
>>> presentation devices to hold their letter size paper, and the list goes on
>>> and on.  All those things that are based on the letter size paper and
>>> cannot fit the A4 size paper will have to be replaced so they can fit both
>>> sizes - as a standard size - before business will be thinking about using
>>> A4 regularly.
>>     The thing that matters most in the USA is economics. When it becomes
>>more economical to use the metric system, we will change very rapidly. In the
>>past, we produced soft drinks in the quart size. When the demand for
>>packaging them in liters for sale overseas, two different measuring systems
 increased their costs. So, large soft drink containers were produced
exclusively in liters sizes to save money.