On 27/02/13 18:04, Heinrich Stoellinger wrote:
Regarding the JDBC-connector:
download it from the MySQL homepage, un-tar it, then under LO go into
Options -> Extended ("Erweitert" in the German version). There you add
a Java Runtime Environment and also specify the directory into which you
put the .jar-file of the connector in the class path...

Thanks Heinz

I got the Connector from MySQL Downloads and did what you suggest, un-tarred it into a Folder called /home/SOFTWARE. Went to the Java settings in LO and added this path to Class Path.
(BTW the 1.4.0 setting is at 'Options>Advanced' now).

I then re-started and re-booted the system and went to LO Base -
Select Connect to existing DB
Pick 'MySQL'
Connect using JDBC
Enter DB Name
Server localhost
Port 3306
Driver class comes up as 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver so Test Class.

ERROR - "The JDBC driver could not be loaded"

This is on my Test machine - My Work machine will not even load MyAdmin still and I can't crack that one either!! I wonder if something has changed in the new PCLOS or in LO???

Once again I'm stuck again - any thoughts!!??