Hi Tom

Just a "Shout Out" to you my friend!!

I have noticed over the years that you are a regular informer to people having problems with LO (Me included!!) And that you frequently tell them to" Rename your Profile".

Well this week I was doing some work on comparing two printouts from two different Databases looking for common names, duplicates and missing names. I had pulled both lists into Calc and was happily getting the job done when LO froze-up, started writing to the HDD for some time and then crashed.

I said a few choice words and re-started - 10 mins later it happened again. I re-booted the whole system and tried again - same thing.

I re-created the Calc file and tried again - same result!!

By this time my choice words were getting VERY colourful!! I sat back and thought about the problem. Then I remembered your frequent advice to "Rename the Profile" so I gave it a go.

MAGIC - all returned to its usual perfect condition and I have had no more problems.

Thanks Tom for pushing the fix and to have kept reminding us of it. I almost feel that a "Rename Profile" option should be added to the Menu - what do you think!!??

All the best and keep it up Tom

IanW
Pretoria RSA