Hi Michael, looks like this one didn't make it to the list. And it is very interesting. In light of all the XML reports I think the first step is to ask the site why XML docs are masquerading as XLS. It would be good to know the version of MSO you are using so I can quote this to them.

FYI I am using Office 2007 and the file opens without this message,

Thanks to all for your feedback so far.

Cheers