Hi :)
If you use Synaptic to search then maybe spend some time looking at the "lib"
files.  normally i skae past them without even a glance but sometimes they have
useful things for pulling 2 apps together or adding unusual functionality into
an app.  It also might be worth trying to search the Extensions

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center
Although i did try quite a few and didn't get any results so maybe don't bother
this time but it often is useful.  it might be better this time to find the
OpenOffice Extensions and search them.  With any luck it might work in LO too
or the dev might respond quickly with an update or idea.

Good luck!