I'm having a baffling problem. I have several different spreadsheets set up in
LibreOffice under Mac OS X 10.6.8

On one of them one of the columns is set to be a date in format MM/DD/YYYY

I want to copy the data from that column into another column in another
spreadsheet document.
I have selected that column and set the format of the cells to be the same date
format MM/DD/YYYY

In the first spreadsheet I  select the cells containing the dates I want.
copy (command c)
move to the spreadsheet where I want to paste them
select the cells where they are to be pasted
paste (command v) and the data is entered as a date but they have all changed
what was 05/08/2005 in one sheep has become 05/09/2001 in the second sheet!

This happens no matter what combinations of pasting a single cell or group of
cells or any paste special options I have tried.
I have verified that in the paste I am not doing any operations on the data.

If I select a single cell in the first spreadsheet. highlight the actual text
entry in the upper toolbar, copy that text, then paste that it works as
expected and the date is correct. I cannot go in and by hand copy each
individual cell that way because there are hundreds of these to do.

Why is the paste changing my data and how do I fix it?

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr http://www.desertweyr.com/
Paonia, CO USA